Media - Post Magazine - Midwives
Flaxman Partners’ feasibility study on insuring independent midwives has drawn the conclusion that unless midwives wishing to practice outside the NHS are prepared to practice as employees of a limited company or similar - which creates a vicarious liability for the employer - it will not be possible for them to obtain professional negligence insurance.
The Royal College of Midwives and the Nursing and Midwifery Council commissioned the report at the end of 2010 in anticipation of the EU directive requiring all health professionals to have indemnity cover from April 2013.
Commenting on the report in Post magazine, Roger Flaxman said: “We have come up with a pragmatic solution. It won’t suit everybody as some midwives won’t want to work for somebody else but the insurance industry is unwilling to take on the risk because defending a claim against an independent midwife practicing alone is notoriously difficult and costly.”
Sign up for our e-newsletter
- CRUSADER - Claims Dispute Insurance
- Flaxmans joins up the professions - New Crusader offering set to Revolutionise Insurance and Commercial Dispute Resolution
- A Triple helping of Flaxman!!
- Flaxmans on the Television - Watchdog
- Flaxmans on the Case
- Flaxmans in the Press
- A Triple Helping of Flaxmen!!
- The Insurance Industry - It's Image - A Case for Change?
- Disputed Claims - Recurring Themes
- Flaxman Case Summaries
- Brokers Beware
- Making Assumptions… A Dangerous Game
- Flaxmans on the Front Line
- Flaxmans at Eland Road
- “…and to every action there is always an equal and opposite or contrary, reaction” ― Isaac Newton
- Flaxmans forge relationship with Future Foundations
- More Cases – More Team Members – More Expertise - More Successful Claims
- “It shouldn’t happen to a Broker!”
- Taking the Litmus Test
- FLAXMANS – Customers are being “romanced” by internet and TV Advertising…
- FLAXMANS Fly’s the Flag for the First Time at the BIBA Conference
- FLAXMANS BIBA Fringe meeting addresses serious concerns for Brokers
- A cyber-attack on any business could be “a catastrophe waiting to happen"?
- FLAXMANS appointed by BIBA to provide exclusive Claims Advocacy Service
- Revenue Growth – the Myth and the Temptation
- ‘Noting of interest’- implications for commercial mortgage borrowers
- Financial Director Magazine - Lessons in risk from NatWest and Barclays
- Post Magazine - Café de Lecq -v- R.A. Rossborough
- Addressing risk at board level
- Post Magazine - Engine’s Default – broker held liable
- London Business Matters - Business interruption advice for boardrooms
- London Business Matters - Don’t let a “business interruption” bring your company down
- Be Engaged - Running a charity?
- Roger Flaxman joins CEDR commercial mediation service panel as insurance specialist
- Post Magazine - Midwives
- UK Broker Awards 2011
- BIBA appoints Flaxman Partners as PI claims mediation specialist
- Post Magazine - Mactavish/PwC report
- Small business not immune to Mactavish report findings
- Gender Ruling on Insurance by the European Court of Justice
- 7 tips on renewing your business insurance this year