Media - More Cases – More Team Members – More Expertise - More Successful Claims
We are also delighted to report that the summer months have also seen an unprecedented level of successful cases; with some distressed and complicated claims going back literally years yet through our in-depth insurance expertise, mediation skills and industry contacts, we have successfully unlocked, resolved and left very happy clients and brokers along the way.
But our message is clear, the longer you leave the problem the more difficult it can become. How a disputed or rejected claim is handled will have a direct influence on its outcome. A clear and expert strategy is essential and this is why it is so important to seek our advice as soon as the problem is acknowledged. We will seek to get to the heart of the matter as quickly as possible and ensure that all relevant commercial interests are protected and a clear pathway is agreed to resolve the issues.
Three New Team Members – Three Expert Witnesses
All of Flaxman's senior consultants have more than 35 years’ experience in the insurance industry with skills including Expert Witness experience, insurance law and practice, insurance claims advocacy, claim negotiation, loss adjusting, litigation support, mediation and management of uninsured business risk.Carl Woodroffe BA(Hons), FCII, MCIArb., CUEW,MAE
Expert Witness - Commercial Property, Liability and Business Interruption insurance.
Carl is a Chartered Insurance Practitioner and qualified by examination both as a Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute and as a Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. He is a Cardiff University Accredited Expert Witness, holds a First Class Classification Honours Degree in Insurance Management (highest mark in year) and is a full Member of the Academy of Experts.
Carl’s insurance broking experience spans over 40 years, building two successful insurance broking firms, and acting as technical and regulatory compliance director.
In addition Carl has more than twelve years’ experience as an expert witness in insurance disputes, he has been instructed in a number of high profile alleged insurance broker/intermediary negligence and breach of duty cases. He is a Committee Member of the Birmingham Liability & Consequential Loss Society and has a special interest in Commercial Property, Liability and Business Interruption insurance.
His detailed experience and knowledge of insurance practice in operation as well as insurance programme construction provides Flaxmans with his unique insight into preventing claims or dealing with the difficulties that can often arise in the claims process.
Philip T Foley ACII ACIArb
Expert Witness - Casualty Insurance - Financial Lines classes of business
Phil’s career spans over 40 years in Insurance and Reinsurance. He started as a trainee underwriter, moved across to broking and since 1998 has been underwriting or supervising underwriters.
Most recently Phil was the Active Underwriter of Lloyd’s Syndicate 1218, Chief Underwriting Officer of Newline Insurance Company and a Director of Newline Underwriting Management, a Lloyd’s Managing Agency.
His specialist knowledge primarily lies in Casualty Insurance with an extensive background in Financial Lines classes of business.
Phil has lived and worked in Canada, Ireland and London and travelled internationally for the majority of his business career. Phil is an Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute, a Chartered Insurer, a member of the Professional Liability Underwriting Society, a member of the Expert Witness Institute and an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
His detailed and extensive knowledge of the London Market, provides him with a unique perspective of underwriting issues and brings to Flaxmans a range of complementary skills and expertise.
Andy Chesters ACII Chartered Insurer
Expert Witness – Motor insurance underwriting
Andy commenced his insurance career in 1985 with Guardian Royal Exchange as a Trainee and then full Inspector of Agency. In 1988 he moved to The Royal as a Development Underwriter and years later began to specialize in motor fleet underwriting and secured his first managerial role with the merger of Royal and Sun Alliance in 1997.
In 2000 he “moved over” to Lloyd’s and joined Chaucer as Deputy Fleet Underwriter rising to Fleet Underwriter before joining Novae, another syndicate in 2008 to create and write a motor fleet book. Due to the lack of adequate margins in the fleet market, he was then involved in setting up and managing a significant private car delegated authority scheme (one of the largest of its kind) as well as several commercial vehicle electronic platforms.
Andy is an ACII and Chartered Insurer and has many years’ experience sitting on London Market Underwriters Association committees and has been trained by the Academy of Experts in presenting oral evidence in court. His areas of expertise encompass all areas of motor insurance underwriting and brings to Flaxmans a valuable additional level of motor insurance knowledge and expertise.
So if you have a case that you would like to discuss please call our Broker Support Helpdesk – remember as BIBA members there is no charge for an initial consultation and review.
Telephone 0207 702 4150 or write to email@example.com
Sign up for our e-newsletter
- CRUSADER - Claims Dispute Insurance
- Flaxmans joins up the professions - New Crusader offering set to Revolutionise Insurance and Commercial Dispute Resolution
- A Triple helping of Flaxman!!
- Flaxmans on the Television - Watchdog
- Flaxmans on the Case
- Flaxmans in the Press
- A Triple Helping of Flaxmen!!
- The Insurance Industry - It's Image - A Case for Change?
- Disputed Claims - Recurring Themes
- Flaxman Case Summaries
- Brokers Beware
- Making Assumptions… A Dangerous Game
- Flaxmans on the Front Line
- Flaxmans at Eland Road
- “…and to every action there is always an equal and opposite or contrary, reaction” ― Isaac Newton
- Flaxmans forge relationship with Future Foundations
- More Cases – More Team Members – More Expertise - More Successful Claims
- “It shouldn’t happen to a Broker!”
- Taking the Litmus Test
- FLAXMANS – Customers are being “romanced” by internet and TV Advertising…
- FLAXMANS Fly’s the Flag for the First Time at the BIBA Conference
- FLAXMANS BIBA Fringe meeting addresses serious concerns for Brokers
- A cyber-attack on any business could be “a catastrophe waiting to happen"?
- FLAXMANS appointed by BIBA to provide exclusive Claims Advocacy Service
- Revenue Growth – the Myth and the Temptation
- ‘Noting of interest’- implications for commercial mortgage borrowers
- Financial Director Magazine - Lessons in risk from NatWest and Barclays
- Post Magazine - Café de Lecq -v- R.A. Rossborough
- Addressing risk at board level
- Post Magazine - Engine’s Default – broker held liable
- London Business Matters - Business interruption advice for boardrooms
- London Business Matters - Don’t let a “business interruption” bring your company down
- Be Engaged - Running a charity?
- Roger Flaxman joins CEDR commercial mediation service panel as insurance specialist
- Post Magazine - Midwives
- UK Broker Awards 2011
- BIBA appoints Flaxman Partners as PI claims mediation specialist
- Post Magazine - Mactavish/PwC report
- Small business not immune to Mactavish report findings
- Gender Ruling on Insurance by the European Court of Justice
- 7 tips on renewing your business insurance this year