Media - Flaxmans on the Television - Watchdog
The illogical reasons for increased premiums given to customers by some insurance companies has been brought to the attention of BBC’s Watchdog consumer champion programme by one of the nation’s favourite comedy actors, Sheila Hancock, of The Rag Trade fame and more recently, Barking in Essex.
An avid classic car enthusiast and a devoted member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists Ms. Hancock asked Roger Flaxman to explain why her insurance premium rocketed overnight from £873 to nearly £2,400, for no apparent reason whatsoever.
Watchdog, due to be aired on Thursday 3rd December at 8.30 presents four customer case studies of how the industry bemuses customers with extraordinary and unintelligible explanations which, Watchdog suggests, leave the customer to suspect they are “not wanted” or “being ripped off”.
The CUE comes under flack for causing some insurers to make charges to customers that have phoned their insurer for advice and apparently “triggered an algorithm” which records them as making a claim! For which they are charged at renewal.
Flaxman explains that the industry’s flight to technology- delivered, commoditised insurance products has inevitably brought with it unintended consequences. Is it time for the industry to reflect upon the message it sends the customer? Watchdog thinks so.
Sign up for our e-newsletter
- CRUSADER - Claims Dispute Insurance
- Flaxmans joins up the professions - New Crusader offering set to Revolutionise Insurance and Commercial Dispute Resolution
- A Triple helping of Flaxman!!
- Flaxmans on the Television - Watchdog
- Flaxmans on the Case
- Flaxmans in the Press
- A Triple Helping of Flaxmen!!
- The Insurance Industry - It's Image - A Case for Change?
- Disputed Claims - Recurring Themes
- Flaxman Case Summaries
- Brokers Beware
- Making Assumptions… A Dangerous Game
- Flaxmans on the Front Line
- Flaxmans at Eland Road
- “…and to every action there is always an equal and opposite or contrary, reaction” ― Isaac Newton
- Flaxmans forge relationship with Future Foundations
- More Cases – More Team Members – More Expertise - More Successful Claims
- “It shouldn’t happen to a Broker!”
- Taking the Litmus Test
- FLAXMANS – Customers are being “romanced” by internet and TV Advertising…
- FLAXMANS Fly’s the Flag for the First Time at the BIBA Conference
- FLAXMANS BIBA Fringe meeting addresses serious concerns for Brokers
- A cyber-attack on any business could be “a catastrophe waiting to happen"?
- FLAXMANS appointed by BIBA to provide exclusive Claims Advocacy Service
- Revenue Growth – the Myth and the Temptation
- ‘Noting of interest’- implications for commercial mortgage borrowers
- Financial Director Magazine - Lessons in risk from NatWest and Barclays
- Post Magazine - Café de Lecq -v- R.A. Rossborough
- Addressing risk at board level
- Post Magazine - Engine’s Default – broker held liable
- London Business Matters - Business interruption advice for boardrooms
- London Business Matters - Don’t let a “business interruption” bring your company down
- Be Engaged - Running a charity?
- Roger Flaxman joins CEDR commercial mediation service panel as insurance specialist
- Post Magazine - Midwives
- UK Broker Awards 2011
- BIBA appoints Flaxman Partners as PI claims mediation specialist
- Post Magazine - Mactavish/PwC report
- Small business not immune to Mactavish report findings
- Gender Ruling on Insurance by the European Court of Justice
- 7 tips on renewing your business insurance this year